The Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering seeks to fill the position of administrative professional III (Job Number: 0176762)
Job Purpose: Provide specialized administrative services within a campus unit to include organizing and preparing correspondence, reports and other documentation; event management; records management, and related administrative activities. Typically provides work guidance to lower level administrative personnel with the unit.
- Originate and process correspondence, reports and other documentation.
- Compile, organize and analyze data for use in reports.
- Plan meetings and other events to include scheduling, reservations, arrangements, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for unit staff management and staff as directed.
- Maintain office supplies inventory.
- Develop and maintain databases and records management systems.
- Review and resolve routine administrative related questions and issues; provides input regarding new or revised unit administrative procedures.
- Provide training and ongoing work guidance to administrative staff members as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School, GED or Vocational School Diploma
- Work Experience: Three to five years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced skills in general office administration to include document processing and management, records management, event management, problem solving and office organization. Skill in use of advanced office related computer applications is required.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Additional Information: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check, which may include a credit check. To obtain Georgia Tech's background check policy, please visit: http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Unit management and staff, vendors and office visitors. This position typically will advise and counsel: administrative staff.