Take a Look Around the Georgia Tech Campus.
The AE campus is eminently walkable. Most of the classroom, lab, and office facilities can be found in the Daniel Guggenheim, Montgomery Knight, Engineering Science & Mechanics (ESM) and Weber buildings, all located on Ferst Drive and Cherry Streets. Additional on-campus facilities include the Ben T. Zinn Combustion Lab, and the High-Power Electric Propulsion Lab, both located in the Research Park on North Avenue; the Institute's Observatory, located atop the Howey Physics Building; and the autonomous racetrack facility on Marietta Street. Off-campus facilities at Ft. Benning and in Cobb County allow faculty and students tremendous freedom in testing unmanned autonomous vehicles (UAVs) and new space craft designs.
During the Fall of 2020, we have temporarily halted our on-campus visits, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Prospective students can get a tour of the campus, virtually, by visiting the Admission Office. They can also find out more about the AE School by clicking on this AE prospective student info session.
During the Fall 2020 semester, we are providing virtual tours of campus on Fridays, from 12 to 1 p.m. To schedule one, please visit the Georgia Tech Admissions page.
Your Key: Your BuzzCard
If you are a student, faculty, or staff person, admittance to most AE facilities is regulated with your BuzzCard. This magnetized ID card is programed to meet the specific access needs of faculty, staff, and students. Keys to specific locales are issued to faculty, staff, and, at the discretion of supervising faculty or staff, to students. Problems with the BuzzCard or requests for keys should go to the AE assistant director for operations, whose office is in Montgomery Knight 311.
If you are working in one of the locked labs or in another restricted environment, you will need to fill out a Key Request form in order to gain access. You may download a form now or obtain one from the AE operations manager in Montgomery Knight 311.
Montgomery Knight Building
270 Ferst Drive, NW
- AE School Chair - Suite 311
- Assistant Director for Operations - Suite 311
- Human Resources - Suite 311
- Academic Advising Office - Room 312
- Offices of Communications and Development - Suite 301
- Academic Advising Manager - Suite 301
- Loewy Library - Suite 302
- AE Computer Lab - Room 318
- Cognitive Engineering Center - 425
- AE Machine Shop - Basement
- Aero Maker Space - Basement
- Dynamics & Control Systems Lab
- Low Turbulence Wind Tunnel
- Structures Laboratory
Daniel Guggenheim Building
265 North Ave., NW
- Computational Combustion Laboratory
- Georgia Space Grant Consortium - 447
- Harper Wind Tunnel - Basement
Weber Space Science & Technology Buildings
275 & 281 Ferst Drive, NW
- Aerospace Systems Design Lab (ASDL)
- Aero Maker Space - Second Floor
- Space Systems Design Lab (SSDL) - Third Floor
- Collaborative Visual Environment (CoVE) auditorium - Third Floor
- Collaborative Design Environment (CoDE) auditorium - Third Floor
Engineering Science & Mechanics Building (ESM)
620 Cherry Street, NW
- Air Transportation Laboratory
- Center for Advanced Machine Mobility (CAMM)
- Center for Space Systems