Christos E. Athanasiou is an assistant professor at the Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology. He directs the Daedalus research group which focuses on blending material science, mechanics of materials, and advanced manufacturing for shaping the future of aerospace and space exploration.
Prior to joining Georgia Tech, Christos completed his postdoctoral research at Brown University & Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He holds a Ph.D. in Photonics from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
- Structural Mechanics & Materials
- Large-Scale Computations, Data, and Analytics
- Mechanics of Multifunctional Structures and Materials
- Space Exploration and Earth Monitoring
- Sustainable Transportation and Energy Systems