- B.Tech, Aerospace Engineering, 1994, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay;
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, 1996, Georgia Institute of Technology;
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, 1999, Georgia Institute of Technology;
Mayuresh Patil is a professor of the practice in the Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering. Prof. Patil teaches in the general area of structural mechanics and dynamics. His research is focused on the development and application of computational methods (including immersed interface methods) and optimization algorithms (including shape sensitivity analysis methods) to multiscale, multiphysics problems in solid mechanics, fluid mechanics and multifunctional materials. My past research experience is in multidisciplinary analysis and optimization encompassing aeroelasticity, structural mechanics, flight mechanics and control, unsteady aerodynamics, and design optimization.
Prof. Patil came to Georgia Tech (2021) from Virginia Tech where he was an associate professor and graduate program director in the Department of Aerospace and Ocean Engineering. He is an Associate Fellow of AIAA, member of the AIAA Structural Dynamics Technical Committee, and has served as an Associate Editor of the AIAA Journal (2015-2018).
- Vertical Lift Research Center of Excellence (VLRCOE)
- Systems Design & Optimization
- Aeroelasticity & Structural Dynamics
- Structural Mechanics & Materials
- Large-Scale Computations, Data, and Analytics
- Mechanics of Multifunctional Structures and Materials